Accommodation in Quezon City, Metro ManilaThe conference venue inside the Ateneo campus is situated in a surprisingly green, but urban area of Quezon City in the National Capital Region about 12 km from downtown Manila and Makati. Due to the heavy traffic it is recommended to stay in a hotel at Katipunan Ave. next to the Ateneo campus or the Cubao business area. Restaurants, food stalls and bars in the Katipunan area are mostly frequented by students, while Cubao is dominated by shopping malls with international restaurant chains.
Below we list some recommendations for accommodation in these areas. Rates provided are from August 7 to 13 (6 nights). Discounts are available for group bookings (off-campus accommodation only).
On campus accommodation
Some affordable and well-secured accommodations are available directly on the campus. Bookings can be made only through the local organizing committee of the conference – please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISO dormitory: c. 8 € / 9 US$ non-aircon; c. 13 € / 14.5 US$ aircon, p.n. and bed); max. capacity 45 people in 2-bed, 4-bed, 7-bed, 9-bed dorms.
- A more luxurious (and expensive) on-campus option with single rooms is currently being negotiated and will be made available shortly.
Please indicate your interest and we will come back with prices and details once they become available.
A few off-campus midrange hotels are available in 5-15 mins. walking distance. These include:
- Oracle Hotel (Katipunan Avenue; 500 m walk) -- 315 to 615 €, 350 to 675 US$
- ZEN Room Studio 87 (Xavierville Avenue; c. 1.4 km, c. 15 mins walk) – 425 €, 468 US$
The hotels in this area are about 15-20 mins by car/bus shuttle away from the conference venue. Options include:
- Novotel Araneta City (General Aguinaldo, Cubao, Quezon City; 4.6 km from Ateneo) -- 510 euros, 560 USD
- Red Planet Aurora Blvd (Stanford St. cor. Aurora Blvd., Cubao, Quezon City; 4 km from Ateneo) -- 160 euros, 175 USD
- Fersal Hotel Cubao (P. Tuazon, Cubao, Quezon City; 4.5 km from Ateneo) -- 205 euros, 225 USD
Complimentary shuttle vans will be provided from there to the conference venue and back.
Transport to the campus
The area can be reached easily from the Manila NAIA airport, either by GRAB, airport taxi or ordinary taxi. Every one to two hours there is also a cheap direct bus from NAIA to Araneta Center Cubao bus terminal. During times of arrival of larger groups of participants shuttle vans will be provided too.
From CLARK airport, take a direct bus to Trinoma Mall in Quezon City and proceed by a GRAB or taxi for the remaining few miles.